Following the outbreak of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), Urban Planters are keeping up to date with government advice and continue to actively monitor the situation.
The best current advice is for all employees to remain vigilant of their own health, take appropriate precautions to minimise the potential spread of illness, and if they feel unwell or present the symptoms of COVID-19, to self-isolate and call NHS 111 and seek advice over the phone of what to do.
Overseas travel is not a usual part of our employee’s roles, but any such travel would be in line with the latest Foreign and Commonwealth Office guidelines and would only be undertaken if absolutely necessary.
If individuals are planning an overseas holiday, then they should discuss with their line manager the latest advice from The Foreign and Commonwealth Office and any recommended actions implemented.
Work within the UK
- All employees will continue to attend work unless they have reason to believe they may be infected or begin to exhibit symptoms, at which point they will be told to self-isolate with immediate effect and for 14 days.
- As it is difficult to distinguish between the symptoms of COVID-19 and normal seasonal cold and flu individuals with any minor cold or flu like symptoms will be asked to self-isolate at home and facilities will be made available to work from home where reasonably practical.
- We will continue to visit customer premises for the purpose of installation and maintenance of plant displays and grounds maintenance unless otherwise advised by the customer or government restrictions are imposed.
- In addition to government guidelines any customer-imposed requirements for site access will be honoured.
- Activities that require a physical visit to a customer premises, but are non-essential, such as quality audits, will be suspended until further advised.
- Where practical non-essential meetings will take place by video conference or be postponed.
- We will regularly remind all our employees of the WHO recommended basic preventive actions to minimise the spread of respiratory viruses. Preventive actions include:
- We will also advise all our employees to maintain a 2m social distance and avoid/limit personal contact when meeting others;
- Wash their hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitiser that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available;
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the bin;
- Wear face coverings as per government guidelines and customer site rules;
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick;
- Maintain fixed work pairings when arranged;
- Stay home when you are sick and seek medical attention as needed;
- Operatives on maintenance visits will be asked to self-sign mobile dockets in front of key staff and carry their own personal pen for completing customer signing in books.
This statement will be regularly reviewed and any new government advice briefed and implemented. Additional information about COVID-19 may be found on the WHO and CDC and websites. For the most up-to-date information please see the gov.uk website: