Position is based at our South West branch in Ivybridge, Devon, where we supply and maintain plant displays throughout the Devon, Cornwall & South Somerset.
Plant technicians are the back bone to our business, they are the team members who visit customer sites and look after the plant displays to ensure they continue to look great and thrive. If you like plants and getting out and about, visiting all types of businesses, then this is the job for you. What’s also great our plant technicians mainly work on indoor plants, so unlike most jobs in horticulture, you will not be working in the elements!
- Wear company uniform and appear clean and tidy at all times, whilst at work
- Visit all customer sites as scheduled by your line manager
- Maintain all plant displays to a very high standard
- Assist with the build, installation or removal of new/existing planting schemes
- Report back to your branch, where there are issues with your work-load
- Carry out your work safely and without undue risk to yourself, colleagues and others who may be affected by your actions, and not intentionally interfere, misuse or ignore arrangements, controls and items provide for health and safety purposes.
- Keep work’s vehicle clean and tidy at all times and drive in a safe and courteous manner
- Liaison with customers and potential customers
- On-site complaint handling
- On site general enquiry handling
Essential for the role
Full UK clean driving licence is required
Compliance to Urban Planters’ health and safety policy and procedures
Develop effective working relationships with all members of staff and customers. Your customer care service is as important as looking after the plants!
Position: Full-time, Permanent
Hours: Monday to Friday 08.00 – 16.00 (These are your standard working hours, however you will be expected to have a flexible approach to working hours, as some days you will be expected to start your work early or finish your work late in the evening)
Salary: £20,000 – £22,000 depending on experience
Closing Date: 27th May 2022
Join Urban Planters
National Accounts Coordinator – Matlock
To work alongside the National Sales Team, Head Office and local franchised offices in sales-related administration (sales desk functions).